Prayer Points February 2019
Everything by prayer… with thanksgiving (Philippians 4v6)
Thanks for: –
- For the extra gifts that were given near the end of last year. It meant that PTI did not need to use any of its reserves and has been able to plan additional conferences for 2019
- The wonderful atmosphere and hunger for the word of God at the PTI conference in Kathmandu in January
- The excellent training that was recently completed in Thailand with the Barefoot Doctors and the Karen Pastors. Praise God for how a number of the pastors and church workers gave testimony to how helpful they have found the training and to the difference it is making to their preaching. Praise the Lord that they had remembered what they were taught from previous years and for how well each of the groups did when working on a passage from the Bible
Prayer for: –
- Keith and Alastair as they prepare to go to Asia. Please pray that they will be safe and that the teaching in two different locations will go well. Please pray that Alastair will get his visa soon
- The Trustees as they meet on Tuesday 12th February that the Lord would guide them and give them wisdom as they discuss various matters and make decisions
- Merv and Steve as they prepare to conduct two conferences in India
- The mentoring work and for the trials that are taking place to do this electronically. Pray that the trials will be successful and will facilitate more pastors to easily take part in the mentoring scheme
- Keith as he writes the fourth-year curriculum. That the Lord would give him wisdom
- Simon as he does deputation work.
Thank you for your prayers they are a vital part of this work.
Download the January newsletter here
In order to help and encourage our supporters to pray regularly for the work, PTI produces a (usually) bi-monthly Prayer and Newsletter. Each issue gives an update on any recent training conferences or activities, comments and news from some of the men who have been helped and prayer points for forthcoming conferences or other important matters.
Newsletters are free. You may subscribe by email by clicking here.
Giving to PTI
PTI is a UK registered charity. 100% of its funding comes from its supporters, whether churches or individuals.
Often, the only factor holding back the expansion of the ministry is shortage of money. If you are therefore in sympathy with what PTI believes and what it is seeking to achieve, do please consider giving to the work.
[Click here to know more about how you can give to PTI…]
If you believe people in developing countries should have access to better standards of pastoral leadership, would you like to support PTI?
~ £5 will pay to send two books by email to a pastor
~ £15 will cover the cost of a pastor attending a single training conference
~ £250 will cover the total in-country travel and support costs for a trainer from the UK
Any gift, no matter what size, will help support the cost of mentoring, training and the provision of study books to assist pastors to teach and lead their churches.
Volunteering for PTI