May we take this opportunity to ask you to pray for the PTI Conference due to begin soon in Burkina Faso.
· Sunday 6th January. One of the PTI trainers (Peter Maclure or David Vaughn) will be preaching in the morning service at the Evangelical Protestant Church in Ouagadougou whose pastor is Hénoc Sib, the lead organizer of the Burkina seminar. Please pray for the time of fellowship with God’s people and for the ministry of the Word. Please pray as well for safety for the pastors who will be traveling to seminar site this afternoon and evening.
· Monday, 7th January. The Seminar (2nd Cycle) begins in Gaoua, Burkina Faso today. Plans call for 150 pastors and 20 theological students from the Evangelical Protestant Church to be in attendance. Peter Maclure will be giving 2 expositional messages on Paul’s letter to the Philippians and David Vaughn will be speaking twice on the Person of Christ. Please pray that God would bless the conference organization in all its practical aspects today so that the pastors will be free to give full and undistracted attention to the ministry of God’s Word. Pray that the Spirit of God would enable Peter and David to speak with clarity, wisdom, love and convincing power.
· Tuesday, 8th January. On this 2nd day of the PTI Seminar in Gaoua, Burkina Faso, Peter Maclure will continue his expository series on Philippians with a message on chapter 2 highlighting the subject of conformity to Christ and a message on 3:1-9 focusing on the doctrine of justification. David Vaughn will be speaking on Christ as our Prophet, Priest and King and on the Doctrine of Conversion. Please pray that the 170 men participants would receive great spiritual light and instruction through these crucial messages. Pray also for the trainers’ times of fellowship with the men, that they may be able to minister to them in regard to their more individual needs and also be ministered to by them.
· Wednesday 9th January. “Christ was human and Christ was divine … the evidence of each is abundant, and the necessity for both is obvious. Had He not been man, He could not have sympathised with us; had He not been God, He could not have saved us.” This is a full day of teaching with the vital exposition on Philippians chapter 2 and 3 (Peter Maclure) and teaching on the place of Christ in the life of the believer and the church (David Vaughn). Pray that these amazing truths would be clearly taught and applied.
· Thursday 10th January. In the morning Peter will speak on Preaching Christ as the sole means of salvation and our source and model of sanctification. In the afternoon, David will demonstrate how to preach Christ from the Old Testament and also show God’s Sovereignty in salvation and rebirth. Pray that they may all have stamina and good health and that the interaction with participants during times of question and answer would be valuable. They both need the anointing of the Holy Spirit as they speak. Peter asks particularly for fluency in French and the ability to give apt illustrations and applications for the participants.
· Friday 11th January. “If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God…. So that in all things God may be praised through Christ Jesus. “ 1 Peter 4:11 David will continue with the theme of the Sovereignty of God in salvation and rebirth and in the afternoon Peter will seek to look at vital questions of a fruitful life in Christ. Pray that they may finish well and that as a result of this teaching there will indeed be transformed lives into the likeness of Christ and that the participants would be able to share the teaching and blessing they have received with their congregations. Pray too that the books which are distributed would truly be read and understood.
· Saturday 12th January – pray for safety during the return journey of all the participants and Peter and David as they return to the capital for the overnight flight back to Paris and London.
We hope to give a report on the conference, along with other news, in a full Prayer & News letter in February.
Thank you for your prayerful support for this ministry. With greetings in the Lord Jesus Christ,
On behalf of the PTI team